Tuesday, September 2, 2014

WebPost1: Class Survey
1. What name do you preferred to be called? - Mike
2. Home town and picture. - Lisle, Illinois
3. Grade level and subject?- High School Chemistry
4.Share about yourself. - I am going to be on the wrestling team this year at JCU. I live in Pacelli. And I love the Chicago White Sox
Learning Style and More:
1.What makes you comfortable in the classroom?- Knowing and being able to understand the point of view of my professor and other classmates is vital. The closer we are as a class the more I will learn.
2.What type of student are you?- I am the type of student that will more then likely start off the year on the quiet side. But as time moves on, and I can get a feel for the rhythms of the class, then I will be a very active participant. I like having discussions and even arguments over topics I feel are relevant. My work ethic is strong, but definitely took a year off as a senior in high school. I keep focus well, but I do allow my mind to wander if the material doesn't pull me in. When I don't understand something I will usually check the text, but I appreciate the help of a teacher. I will most likely take advantage of office hours if I need help.
Education Past and Present:
1. Formative memory- The memories that are important to me are the bonds I made with so many great high school teachers. The whole class felt connected because they treated us as adults.
2. Concerns- My biggest concern for the field of education is the cookie cutter model used in so many schools across the country. As a nation we try to assess success in a way that would only work if humans were intellectually equal.
About Dr. Shutkin:
1. What/Who inspired you to teach?


No comments:

Post a Comment